I stumbled upon this recipe while on a search for something easy and delicious to make for Christmas gifts this year. Lime and coconut together is one of my all-time favourite combinations. I pretty much use it use it on a daily basis as a foundation for savoury dishes, curries, cakes, cosmetics, you name it! The recipe is from Taste.com but I have changed it slightly to suit what was in my cupboard. This curd is super tangy and only takes 15 minutes to make!
You will need…
- 100g of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of raw sugar
- grated rind of one lime
- fresh juice of two limes (about 1/3 cup)
- 3 fresh eggs
- 1/2 cup of shredded coconut
- 1 clean glass jar
- gently heat sugar, lime juice, lime rind and butter on low heat until sugar has dissolved then remove pan from heat.
- Whiz up three eggs with a stick blender until liquefied. Stir eggs into the main pan until all ingredients are combined.
- Return the pan to low heat and stir constantly for 8-10 minutes, until the mixture coats the back of a spoon. Remove pan from heat.
- Stir in coconut and spoon hot curd into the glass jar. Leave to cool.
- Eat this delicious curd on toast, spread on cakes, eat on it’s own with a spoon and most importantly, share with your friends and enjoy!