This recipe makes the most delicious evening meal and let me tell you, it’s all I could ever want after 12 hours on the farm. It’s nutritious, full of energy, really easy to make and is packed with coconut. What more could you want?!
You will need:
- 1 can of TCC premium coconut milk
- two large handfuls of fresh spinach
- 3/4 cup of green peas
- one red onion
- 1 cup of shredded coconut
- 250g of fresh, raw prawn meat (de-shelled)
- 1 1/2tbs of Ayam Thai green curry paste
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 1 cup of jasmine rice
- a pinch of salt
Place jasmine rice and 1/2 cup of dried shredded coconut in 1 1/2 cups of lightly salted water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until 90% of the water has been absorbed. Pour in half a can of coconut milk and stir through. Simmer until absorbed and serve immediately. Do not drain.
- In a large pan or wok, fry roughly chopped red onion in the coconut oil for 1-2 minutes on high heat.
- Add curry paste and combine.
- Add the prawns and coconut. Fry for 30 seconds
- Pour in half a can of coconut milk,1/4 cup of water and bring to the boil.
- Add peas and simmer for 2/3 minutes.
- Throw in some spinach 30 seconds before removing the pan from the heat.
- Serve immediately over coconut rice with ice water or beer : )
Share with your friends and enjoy!