Thanks to Gelati For Breakfast (a fellow travel blogger) for nominating me for a Liebster Award! This is a great way for bloggers to help other bloggers by promoting each other, not to mention it was fun to write.
Here’s how it works:
1. Thank the Liebster Blog presenter who nominated you and link back to their blog.
Thanks, Gelati For Breakfast!
2. Post 11 facts about yourself, answer the 11 questions you were asked and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Nominate 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
4. Display the Liebster Award logo (look up!).
Here we go!
11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT MYSELF
1. I have lived in three continents (Europe, USA, Australia) and visited 26 countries as of today.
2. I have completely flat feet.
3. I could never get sick of sushi. The combination of healthy, colourful, raw, gingery, seeweedy goodness – I just can’t get enough! And it’s fun to make too!
4. I’m pretty good at riding off road motorbikes. Especially through mud puddles.
5. I can play the Tuba, sousaphone, trombone, and a bit of sax.
6. I once helped refurbish an old VW camper and took it on a 1,000 mile festival road trip but it burst into flames on the side of the road at 2am!
7. This year is the year of my golden birthday.
8. I was named after my parent’s next-door neighbour’s cat who got taken to Australia and ended up being eaten by a dingo.
9. My life will be a little more complete if I get to see a pygmy elephant in Borneo.
10. I really really hate scuba diving! It’s weird and wrong. If people were supposed to traverse the sea bed we would have gills and webbed feet!
11. I spent a total of 2 whole months last year living in a tent on various festival sites.
11 QUESTIONS FROM GELATI FOR BREAKFAST
1. If you had to recommend one place for someone to travel to, what would that place be? I would recommend anybody to pack a change of clothes, hire a motorbike and drive Road 8 in central Laos. Best. Road. Ever.
2. Where are you from? England! No where in particular but when people ask, I say Brighton because that’s where Rich and I want to live when we get back.
3. What is the best thing you’ve done so far this year? It’s impossible to chose. There’s so many. This year I got engaged, went to two music festivals, graduated from university, moved to America, then moved to Australia and spent three months travelling around south east Asia… to name a few!
4. What is something a visitor MUST do in your home country?
Get a cone of chips and eat them at the sea side. When it get’s a bit chilly, find a village pub and chat to the locals. They probably won’t have anything interesting to say but that’s half the fun.
5. What is your favourite thing to cook?
I LOVE to cook anything involving coconuts. Coconut rice is a special treat.
6. What is your favourite website other than social networking sites?
I love Rock n Roll Bride. As I’m (sort of) planning my wedding it’s full of inspiration and not a white lycra chair cover in sight!
7. What was the first country you visited outside your own?
I’m pretty sure my parents took me camping in France when I was two months old.
8. How many passports have you had in your life?
I’ve had one my whole life so…. 3 or 4? Will need a new one soon though at this rate. I only have three pages left.
9. What is the best foreign food you’ve eaten?
Sushi in Sydney! I don’t know if this counts but I will never forget this meal.
10. Have you lived in a country other than your own?
USA (8 years) and Australia (4 months) and going back to Australia for 5 more months.
11. Where did you spend your best New Years Eve ever?
I never really do a lot for new years but back in high school (cringe!) we had wicked NYE house parties year after year.
1. Broke Ass Home
2. Melissa Bartt’s Blog
3. Manon’s Maze
4. Liam Davies Global Media Showreel
5. Alive and on the Road
6. Safe Wheels MTB Racing
7. Dilly-Dally Girl
8. Healthy Glow Nutrition
9. Undergrad Nomad
10. Let’s be Adventurers
11. Mr. & Mrs. Travel
1. If you had to choose between your favourite song OR your favourite food for the rest of your life, which would it be?
2. If you were stuck on a desert island, what one thing would you take with you?
3. What’s your favourite city in the world and why?
4. What is your first memory?
5. What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
6. Would you rather skydive or bungee jump and why?
7. What is your favourite and least favourite aspect of Living Large, Spending Small?
8. What’s the best gig you’ve ever been to?
9. Do you speak any other languages?
10. Where do the majority of your readers come from? (facebook? twitter? google? wordpress? etc)
11. What do you find most interesting in today’s news headlines?